Friday, November 2, 2012

Ayurveda + Appetizers


This morning I indulged in a little pre-work alternative, eastern medicine reading.  I’m getting increasingly interested in the idea that the combination of self-healing and self-realization comes from the union between yoga and Ayurveda.  This approach helps me understand why I crave the kind of yoga practice I do, and why I feel my best when eating certain foods.  I recommend you all read up on your prominent dosha(s) (see below) to allow you to follow specific recommendations to bring health into balance for your particular body needs.  Or you know, don’t :)
http://www.yogajournal.com/health/2630
(this is a very simplified quiz, but I figure no one wants to take the long, complicated one I did)
Now onto a slightly lighter note- I’m on the lookout for delicious vegan appetizers to prepare during the holiday months with friends and family.  So far, I know I have to make these mouthwatering roasted chickpeas.  They are super simple to make and super delicious to eat.  Win-win if you ask me.  The best part about these suckers is the fact that they are under the “approved list” when it comes to food items my wackadoo, full of food restriction friends and family can eat.

1 comment:

  1. This morning I indulged in a little pre-work alternative, Wawa & Y102 FM!

    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete