Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy "I'm 1/4 Irish Mix" Day

So Saturday was St. Patrick’s Day.  Normally I’m not a fan of the holiday but I decided to try my best to enjoy this drunken day.  You read my post about making shepherd’s pie.  Well, I also decided to paint my nails a fun electric green color the week before.  Even though I had a hellish morning trying to get home from the DMV during a marathon that seemed to run in a circle around my neighborhood, I came home and made a fun “Irish” dessert.  Using my Rice Krispies treat making skills, I happened up some Lucky Charm treats to have as a “before I start drinking” meal.  I went off to have a few Guinness’s with a good friend then met up with more people to have even more Guinness’s and hear some Irish/Mexican (don’t’ ask me why) music.  There I found social activist drinkers—one reason why I love being a resident of DC.  We ended the night with some California Tortilla cause we are super traditional.  Being drinking veterans, on the way home we dodged some people who partied too hard.  I also saved someone’s life and thus was awarded a four leaf clover sticker.  It was a good time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment