Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vegan Shepherd's 3.14

Happy Pie Day!  Happy almost St. Patrick’s Day!
What’s a girl to do with all this?  Make delicious vegan shepherd’s pie!  I looked at a few different recipes then merged my favorite aspects of each into a new possible Deegan fab meal formula.
First, gather all the necessary ingredients and display them accordingly:

I decided to cook my potatoes in a nice, quick American way- the microwave.  Easy peezy. While I was doing that I had to cook my “meat” mixture.  It started out looking very unappetizing but then it all came together to look (and smell) pretty good.


After the “meat” was done I cooked some mushrooms.  Every time I make mushrooms I think to myself: “Why don’t I make things with mushrooms more???”  I love them so much, yet I don’t incorporate them into meals?  Clearly I’m a fool.

I put the “meat” mixture, a can of peas and carrots, some onion, and the cooked mushrooms in a pan.  I then poured some vegetable broth over it so it didn’t dry out.  I'm so clever.

I then assembled together some delicious mashed potatoes.  I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t snack on some of them there potato skins in the process.  I combined the cooked potatoes, the soy milk, and margarine together.  I used the old Schaab way of making potatoes where you put enough butter in then you add much more.  Except I used a “buttery spread” instead cause I’m a hipster.  I left it kinda chunky because I like my mashed potatoes that way.  I then spread this mixture over top the “meaty” mixture


I put it all in the oven at 400 degrees for about as long as I could wait. 

And finally- love in the form of a heaping scoop of vegan shepherd’s 3.14 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment